How do you get your boss to stop smacking her gum?

My bosses office is next to mine - really close. All afternoon I hear loud smacking because she won't chew with her mouth closed. It bothers something deep inside my soul. Do you think if I left her some Altoids on her desk she might quit chewing gum?

dizziestdreamer

Asked by dizziestdreamer at 4:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• doubt it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• you could go postal on her
    or do we call that airline now?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Ear plugs... I wouldnt give you boss any reason to dislike you with the economy the way it is =/
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thank you. I try to keep my air conditioner on when she's chewing gum but it kicks off from time to time.
    dizziestdreamer

Comment by dizziestdreamer (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Does your boss have a sense of humor? It is a habit for you boss so I bet she wont stop no matter what you do but you could say, "how is that gum cause it SOUNDS delicious!" I would only joke about it if she has a sense of humor..i know what you mean about it driving u nutz cause I cant stand stuff like that but no reason to upset the boss!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Ask her nicely. Offer a mint
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I thought maybe if I brought some in to her and said, "Hey! Have you tried these mints? I love them!" that would be tactful?
    dizziestdreamer

Comment by dizziestdreamer (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would say something if it were me. Thats one thing that bothers me so much it will make me sick. I can't stand to hear someone smack. I feel for you, hope it gets better soon!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Does she have a sense of humor? If so, just say one day "DUDE!!! What is that noise???"
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010