SO MUCH HAM, I NEED RECIPES!!!

I don't have a very big family to feed so when I cook a ham it lasts a while. Well for some unknown reason I have two fully cooked hams, both already sliced. Don't ask. Of course now Im running out of ideas for it.
If any of you ladies have a recipe for ham..chopped, sliced, pickled, etc. please let me know.
I hate wasting food!

chaos413

Asked by chaos413 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Freeze it!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree, ham freezes really well. We use ham with beans, eggs, potatoes, green beans, pizza, I could go on and on. Most of the ham I get I use with either pinto beans (beans and corn bread are a weekly meal around our house), red beans and rice, or bean soup.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 4:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could donate one to a soup kitchen.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would FREEZE some of the ham for later use. Just cut into sections, a wrap in foil then place in a baggie. Be sure to insert a piece of paper stating what it is so you do not have to guess.

As for recipes, go online and look, you get all types of recipes. One of my favorites is using ham instead of ground meat for tacos and enchiladas it works great! Something new. Another is ham and cheese rolled up in premade biscuit dough then bake. Yum!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Two freezer bags full and still have a lot left...
    chaos413

Comment by chaos413 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes, Freeze it.

Grilled Ham and Cheese Sadnwiches.
    Cowboy Casarole. Potatoes, Cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup, ham, corn, green beans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Any meat and any veggie will work for this dish.

Those are my ideas.
    Go to Kraftkitchens.com and put in Ham as an ingredient and get some great recipes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I make quiche with ham like that and freeze them, so all I have to do is pull them out, heat and eat them. They are great for sunday brunch. I also make cheesy ham and potatoes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Ham and bean soup is good.
    I use cut up ham in those boxed scalloped potatoes.
    ham salad.
    Ham omelets.
    grind it for hash.
    bake it with baked beans.
    ham cooked with fresh green beans is so good.

Answer by Bmat at 4:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• put it in cabbage, collards or any type of greens
    you can bake it in the oven with honey and its nice
    put it in lima beans
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• my favorite my DH hates the fact I always do this to left over ham, but it is cause it is my favorite lol. Ham, beans and opotatoe soup. This is my favorite the kids love it as well. I always do it in the crockpot it makes so much though, but I make a lot because I can eat it all day long lol. DH eats like one bowl of it then me and the kids eat it for lunch and then I eat the rest of the crock pot lol. You add half a crockpot of water. I peel some potatoes I usually peel half a bag (for a family of 4) cut them up. I cut some some ham as much as you would like in the soup. I then add 2 cans if green beans. I add the juice and all I think it gives it more flavor. My mom however drains the juice. Cook in the crockpot all day long. I usually start it about 9 or 10 in the morning on high then I put it down to low at about 1 then by dinner it is done. you can do it the same in a pan just cook until potatoes are done
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010