opinions please!!!!

dh and i thought the boys looked great, and i did their hair myself and saved us a bit of money too.
my mil saw pictures and said it was mean to give the boys buzz cuts. she said if i did it again she would quit sending the kids packages.
dh thinks she gives us so much that we should appease her. i am pretty mad about it. i don't like people holding things over my head like that. as i write this, i don't think she would stop sending the kids gifts. she loves them a lot more than she loves us ; )
what would you do?
would you continue to buzz their heads? would you go to the barber just to appease mil?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Let your husband handle this one. What does he say and what does he want to do? She is his mom, so he should be the one to handle her.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They are YOUR kids not hers. It is YOUR choice.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 5:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Did the boys like the hair cut? It's none of her business what kind of haircut your kids have!! I buzz cut my boys all the time!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No idea. I will say, my son never had a buzz until this year when his JROTC Sergeant demanded he get his hair cut. LOLHonestly, that seems mean of her. 

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• let her pay for it
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My son gets a buzz at his dad's house but I don't personally like it, but it does look really good on some kids. Now the fact that your mil will stop sending packages to the kids because she doesn't like their haircuts is petty and immature. I say get the kids hair cut however you want and let her make her choice. If she doesn't want to send gifts thats her problem.... good luck!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They are your kids and not hers. Don't let her try to control your childrearing like that. If she wants to be an a-hole and deprive your kids of their grandmother, then she has some serious control issues. I'd tell my MIL to do it then. And then I will tell the kids why they are not getting packages from Granny.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'd say it your choice and not hers! I'd tell her just that!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Your kids your choice. Let her have her way on this, & she will forever be butting in.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Your kids, not hers. If not she can pay every time they need a haircut. Don't give in, don't give her that power. Let hubby deal with her.
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010