28 months and still waiting for teeth?

I was wondering if it's normal that my 28 month old still doesn't have all his teeth? We are still missing his eye teeth on the top and bottom. Is it worth a call to the ped.? Also, how many molars should he have?

jen282

Asked by jen282 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids should see a dentist between age 1-2 just to check things out. No need to go to the Pedi. Find a Pediatric dentist.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The missing incisors are weird. When did he start getting teeth? ususally the "I" teeth are 3rd in line to appear after the bicuspids. He should have 8 total molars

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• He got his 1st tooth at 1year old. And he only has 4 molars. One on each side.
    jen282

Comment by jen282 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i didnt get any of my teeth until i was almost 2..and my teeth are perfectly normal now..maybe his are just coming in slow..if you are worried though i would agree with seeing the dentist
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My daughter doesn't have her canines either and only 4 molars. Her first 4 teeth came in at the same time at almost 11 months. I wouldn't worry. Every child is different...in my opinion, the later the better.........brushing her teeth isn't easy and it's hard to know if I'm getting everything.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh and by the way....she is 25 months.
    BridgetC140

• My daughter is 24 months and has the same 8 teeth - top and bottom front teeth and four bicuspids. I can see where the top two on either side of her front teeth are there under the skin, but they won't pop through. I asked our dentist about it, and he said not to worry. All kids are different, and his daughter was a late teether, too.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• All kids are different and most peds do not worry until around 2 1/2. If you are really concernded find a ped dentist to take alook, its a good time to start taking them anyways. None of my kids had all the teeth by 2 and my first only had 6 at age 2 lol.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010