when do you start going through the change? Just bored so I am asking this lol

I am only 28 so I know I probably have a while to think about that, but I was just cerious I mean is it normally when your mom went through it? I mean you normally start your period around when your mom starts so I was wanting to know about the change do you go through that when your mom did as well? The thing is my mom was forced through hers she had a hystrectomy because she had cervical cancer she had it done last summer she is 46. My grandma however didn't stop having periods until 60 and I can't amagin going til 60 with periods lol

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Same with me, my Mom had a hysterectomy so I can't go by that. If you count 35 years from when you first started that would be 49 for me. I am 42 now :0)
    KittenLangley

Answer by KittenLangley at 5:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• it is common for a woman to follow her moms pattern but with allt hings not always the case. I( was around 34 when I can honestly look back and see I must have started menopause, or pre-menopause. then at 37, thought i was hormonal due to that and oops nope lol it was a baby! it can take yrs to complete the "change", I dread that thought. i am already a big enough freak!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I can't tell you because I went through a hysterectomy about 4 years ago so it was decided for me then I guess.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The average woman has about 35 years of fertility,so figure that from when you started your menses.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• This is the thing....you aren't in menopause until you haven't had a period in over a year. It is the getting to that point that sucks....all the weird symptoms can last 10 years prior to actual menopause...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• LOL... Bearsjen.... Yeah, I had my last one at 39... I swear that alone can put you on the fast tract to menopause hell.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• 35 years of fertility....hmmm....I got my period just after turning 10....so I"ll have it until at least 45 years old. Hmmm, well with this IUD, I don't have a period anyway.....I haven't had one in 2 years.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I too had a partial hysterectomy 5 years ago, at 37...so I've been menopausal ever since. It's no biggie...I take HRT medication, which I didn't start on for over a year, because I wasn't experiencing any negative symptoms, but decided to go on a very low dose to protect against uterine and breast cancer and osteoporosis.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It's different for everyone.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010