Do opposite sex siblings have to have their own room????? AT BIRTH

I was told today that if your pregnant (for example with a boy) and you already have a daughter the 2nd child has to have their own room from day 1. Does anyone know what the state law for Ohio is? I know it varies from state to state but I didnt think the kids had to have their own room till they hit a certain age????

LoveIsBeingAMom

Asked by LoveIsBeingAMom at 5:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• where im from you can have them in the same room until a certain age..you could probably call your local ss and they should be able to let you know what your local laws are..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Is there a law saying they have to have their own room ever?!?
    I've never heard of such a thing... the social norms we have in our culture are that way but I don't see how that could possibly be a law
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't believe it either. What would be the need from birth?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• in oregon there is no laws like that. we have 4 girls and 1 boy and would have to have an extra bedroom to accomidate something like that which of course we cant afford.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Mine shared a room, but then that was back in the dark ages of the 70's. Nobody thought there was a thing wrong with it before we all became so overly sex conscious, and that was before that was all anybody ever had a thought about. Honestly, we are becoming so consumed with sex that everything we do and say is filtered through it. I find it utterly ridiculous to think there could be anything wrong with an infant baby boy sharing a room with his infant female sister. Wonder what people did way back when when everybody--the whole family--had to sleep, eat and live together in one room???? There were a lot fewer perverts then than now. In fact, perverts were as rare as hen's teeth!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I never heard of that my boy and girl shared a room till the youngest was 2 and he was almost 4. I know in Az past a certain age they are suppose to have their own room but when small never heard of that???
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• In California they have to stop sharing a room at age 5.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have never heard of that. And I don't see how it would be such a problem for it to become a law.

I see nothing wrong for them to share a room, and then seperate them when they get older.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son share a room. Oh noes!! Next weekend we are moving my daughter out because of school. I honestly did not realize the government was that much in our sleeping arrangements. Scary.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• in Michigan if its a boy or girl they have to have their own room by 5 years old.
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010