Coping in the final weeks...

What did you do to help yourself cope in the final weeks of pregnancy when it comes to all the discomfort? I'm on my second baby, and I'm at almost 38 weeks. I never made it this far with my first (she was born at 36 weeks). And I'm definitely feeling a major difference.

I already sleep with a pillow between my legs, but I always end up on my back anyway. It's more comfortable for my hips, but I know it's not good because of circulation.

Also, the kicks are PAINFUL and have left my belly SO sore. What can help with that?

And how can you drink enough water without peeing ever 20 minutes??? If I don't drink about 2L per day, I feel crappy, but I hate being in the bathroom so much.

What did you do for these things? Suggestions on being comfortable in any other way you can think of are WELCOME!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I spent my last few weeks practically living in a nice warm bath LOL

don't worry too much about the sleeping thing, your brain will move your body if you're in a position that's bad for it.

no help for the peeing though

good luck!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• as for the sleeping- do you have a recliner? you could try sleeping there
    other stuff.... not sure, just hang in there I guess... warm baths seem to help, or go to the pool :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• your almost there! My first came at 37 weeka and with my second I was induced at 39 weeks almost 40 weeks actually. Its not comfortable but your almost there. I just cleaned alot..LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• okl, some of these things people may laugh or say "oh come on" but honey you are miserable! so keep an open mind. the back sleeping, I had the same issue, make sure to have a pillow, a thinner one that you can have under one hip, so if you roll over in your sleep, you have one hip a teeny bit raised. thats all ya need for circulation. :) the kicks...nothing there babe, just hang in there and think how much of a miracle it is to be able to feel that?! my second baby was a 14 yr wait, my lil miracle , so akll his kicks were so so wanted and needed, even tho they sometimes HURT. now the peeing...you need that water, you just do, and obviously that lil one is taking your bladder and using it as a trampoline...(whispers) get yourself some bed pads, like they sell in the adult diapers section, and keep one under you/beneath you just in case ya cant make it, or its too painful to try. worst case scenerio? adult diapers WAIT cont
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• its embarassing but my bestie used them on her last on bedrest and said"wow why dont we use these all the time"? lol seriously if it helps you thru the end, who the hell cares? hang in there honey, almost there now.best wishes!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Good Luck you're almost there!! I don't have any other suggestions. Just try to enjoy this time with your LO before the baby comes.pregnant belly

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Can you go for a swim? Float in the water. It'll take the pressure off.

Sleep on your back if you want to. If you had a circulation problem, your legs would go numb. The no back sleeping is a load of crap.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• There is nothing to do other than sit there and take it. I know how hard it is. I got to 39 weeks today, and I am miserable. I am hotter than ever, I am more tired than ever, my back hurts, my head hurts. I can't sleep on my back because the baby has not dropped and she is really high and I have trouble breathing. If my house was ready for the baby, I would be wishing for baby to come today. Just remember that the movements are going to get less and less as the time passes, and think about the little joy inside you. I keep thinking about my baby with little sneakers. I have these horrible visions of her kicking me with shoes on. Just take it easy, drink lots and lots of water and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is there. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010