please help me!

my 8 year old wont listen to anything i say! its making me crazy! i have never just let her do what she wants but she thinks she should get whatever she wants. if i ask her to help clean the kitchen for instance, she will throw a fit and tell me its too hard. not to mention i have to tell her 20 times if i want anything done! she cant remember for 2 minutes when i tell her no to something and asks every few minutes until im so frustrated with it that i have to send her to her room! omg! what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Welcome to MY world, LOL!
    As hard as it may seem...keep your patience..because she WILL keep trying it...for the next several YEARS or so. At this point, she is trying to see how far she can get, what can she get away with. She's seeing if she throws big enough fit and irritates you long enough that you'll just become irritated and give up.
    Don't give up. Don't give in.
    It may be harder on you in some cases, but you've gotta let her know youre willing to go the extra mile to make sure she does what she is supposed to do.
    Hang in there and try not to take up smoking or drinking because of it! LMBO!! I'm laughing not at you but with you because if we can't laugh at it..all thats left to do, is cry.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Take her privileges away and have her earn them back by helping around the house.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Right now it just seems like that age. My 8 yr old says things are too hard also but what we have told her is that we all do things in life that we don't want to do either but that we have to do. I have taken the TV from her, toys, games, etc. I have her a chore list and she goes by that. My dd sometimes can't remember what I have told her either it seems like selective hearing at times. Just maybe tell her that this needs to be done and if not you'll take whatever away from her. I wish I could help more. I really think unless we get a handle on this now that it will get worse. I know it's frustrating but try to stick it out without sending her to her room that is probably what she wants then she is off for the chore. I would make her do it break it down into smaller things if need be. That's all I can tell you I hope things work out for all of you.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Sounds to me like she is playing you. You need to keep at her at do it and don't let her get out of it for throwing a fit. Be calm and cool and just keep saying what you want done. Don't let her see that she is getting to you.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I go through that with my 7y/o boy... like today, I told him that if he didnt get a green dot in school, there would be NO tv after school. Guess what? Yellow dot. So, no tv. Oh did he have a meltdown... too bad. Right now he's cleaning, just so he has something to do.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• iqnore her when she asks for somethinq and see how she feels & explain to her how it feels
    Lovehurts1

Answer by Lovehurts1 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2010