To the moms who had all natural childbirths with no meds (homebirth/birthcenter/hosp) i have questions

i had my son all natural after 2 c-sections but the labor was hell. i have scoliosis and i think its worse now after i had him. i cant work out, or do lunges/squats. my lower back is really messed up and hurting.. especially when i try to pick up my son or something off the floor. or putting him on the swing. when i was in labor my whole lower back felt like someone was opening my bones. its all on my lower back and maybe lower of pain. my midwife didnt care too much of the pain. i told her while i was in labor how i felt ans she said yup happens. i know its supposed to hurt but what i was feeling wasnt normal and she told me i would be ok and didnt need a hosp. i had my son and he is healthy. Should i get xrays done? I been putting a heating pad on my lower back on the right side where it hurts the most but it doesnt do anything. any suggestions? I had DS on 4/9/2010

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• after 4 months i would think that all pain should be gone, i havnt had pain since 4 weeks after.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I also had pretty bad back labor with no meds, but didn't have the same symptoms as you afterwards. Couldn't hurt to get it checked out.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Have you tried going to a chiropractor?
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If you're still in pain then yes, you should go to the doctor. I also had back labor and my back felt like it was being ripped apart but all the pain went away right after I had my babies.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 5:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I had a no med back labor too. And my back is/was fine afterwards.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• sounds like you need to go to a chiroprator. sounds like something is not lining up right.

also sounds like your midwife didn't care enough to help ease the pain. if you have anymore you may want to find a new one.

but these are just my opinions
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 5:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would see a doctor. What you're describing isn't normal, med-free or not. It sounds to me more likely it was giving birth vaginally that has caused these issues for you, not that you could feel the labor pains.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• op here no i havent. i have to make a regular appointment so the family doc can check my back then he or she sends me some where else
    busybumblebe848

Answer by busybumblebe848 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Definitely ask to be assessed and if an xray is needed do it. Hope you feel better. I had 2 out of 3 with zero meds and have a mild form of scoliosis with no pain like that afterwards.
    momof3angela

Answer by momof3angela at 5:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• id talk to a chiropractor or get an xray..you could have strained something... i tore my muscle during labor with my first and i was in pain for almost 7 months afterward..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010