How can I meet the neighors?

We have lived here for two years and I don't know any of the neighbors. My DH worked a lot until I had to quit working when I was pregnant. And now I am testing out this stay-at-home-mom thing. But, I really need to get to know the neighbors especially the ones who are home with there children.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was in the same boat and last august I quit my job to stay at home and work part time home based business, but I realized I did not know hardly any neighbors. ha! I started an exercise class 2 days a week to get to know some and also just gone walking a few times and knocked on doors and introduced myself.
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 5:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Just go with a baked good and introduce yourself. Or if you are out with the kids, just start saying "Hi".
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Can you put together a block party??? Or have a cook out and invite the neighbors? Stop by to set up a play date? Drop off some home baked bread, cookies or muffins and introduce yourself? Good luck!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Back a cake, cupcakes, pie, or cookies. Bring them over and say "Hello, my name it ****. I live next door to you. Just wanted to stop by and get to know you. I have children around your age." That is what I did to mine. I backed cookies and brought them on over. I now know two of my nieghbors.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Knock on the door?

Where do you live? In my (big city) neighborhood, our neighbors stopped by and introduced themselves. We hang out on the block in the summer.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Have a block party for the end of summer. Put out fliers and have fun with it. (If you're that ambitious.)
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I ,make a "hello" basket, baked goos, and maybe a thoughtful craft, then invite them to a bbq!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree with all the previous answers... you can just go over and say "hi, i wanted to introduce myself finally..."
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010