Yesterday I was hurt at work. I have a open fracture on my finger, Im right handed so the more I use it the more it throbbs. My husband wanted me to go back to work today, Im staying home. I see a hand specialist tomorrow another day off. I was at the hospital all day yesterday and Im just wiped out. Should I push myself or stay home and recover.

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 8:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I broke my hand and went back to work it was a mistake. the bone didn't heal quite right and it hurts when ever I use it now. wait and see what the dr says you may need a cast and he can decide if work will be ok.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 8:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would stay home and rest because if you go back to work and use your hand you could cause more damage.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Stay home and let yourself heal. You could only cause more damage by going back to work.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 10:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Stay home. not only will the infection in your finger get worse, but you have a high risk of catching other things like viruses. Getting really sick. In public you are exposed to sooooo many germs. I would kick back today then when you go to the doc tomorrow see what he reccomends. He may say you can go back to work or he may say dont go back in until Monday. If you have to go see a specialist it is probably wayyyy to bad to even tamper with going in today.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You should do what you think is right.   Dont let your husband Have any say so in it it's not his finger that hurts..Your not getting workmens comp for this.

Answer by louise2 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• What exactly is an open fracture? Sounds like something being around kids with would not be good. Baby that finger til you see the specialist and then go from there. I'll be thinking about you!
    cowgirl5

Answer by cowgirl5 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thank you so much ladies! All of you are wonderful. I stayed home from work today. Took a nap. Took a shower with a plastic bag over my hand. And ate a late lunch. I'm really happy that I stayed at home today, your advice was right on and I did take care of myself today, which is very hard for me to do with out feeling guilty about it.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008