what is the best way to teach my baby to take his first steps

Hi any tips or ideas on how to get my 9.5 month old boy to start walking?

Thanks
mommybear335

MommyBear335

Asked by MommyBear335 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• umm waiting works great. 9.5 is quite young! My 2nd dd took her first step at that age and was walking at 10 months but I didnt rush her, she did it on her own. You just have to be patient and they will learn it when they feel ready, not when you are
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• 9.5 months is at the very early range of when babies begin to walk. Both my children didn't start walking until 13 months. Give him time he'll start when he's ready.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• be careful, once they start walking on their own you have to chase them!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You can't "teach" a baby to walk. When they reach the right developmental stage and have the right balance skills and coordination and desire...they do it all by themselves. Do not force it. Especially don't use walkers...they are dangerous and encourage toe walking which is undesireable and delays proper walking.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010