Why is this election important to you?

I have never really been into politics. I have always ignored them, never really understood them. However, this year I have learned a lot and I am proud that I finally understand and have the knowledge to make an informed decision in the upcoming election. I feel this is one of the most important elections of our time. Why is it important to you?

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 8:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It is important to all of us because our future is wrapped up in the war and the economy!

The war , and our role in it, has brought many global conflicts for the US and has weakened our place among the super powers around the world. The most of which is if we needed help...how many could we get to rally around us?...are we creating more terror groups by our actions?

The economy- Our national debt has doubled in the last 8 years. Obama referred to this as we are mortgaging our kids future (to China no less) China is now the worlds largest creditor and The Unites States are now the largest debtors! what are we doing??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This election is extra important to me since my husband is active duty Army. I want to make sure that i have confidence in our Commander in Chief, as he is in charge of my husband's life for the next three years (hubby's contract is up after that). Thats the reason this election really hits home for me. (of course there are lots of other reasons, but that is the one that is really different from the last election).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This election is important to me because of healthcare first of all and the housing crisis as well. I do not have healthcare and haven't for years. My husband has a good job and he;s happy but doesn't have ins. How is that our fault? I believe healthcare is a right and we all deserve it. Secondly my husband is receiving a promotion and we are moving to NC and trying to sell our house. Pretty difficult right now as lots of people know.
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well, first of all - I get to argue on CM, that alone is off the charts important. ;)

Really, I am concerned about our foreign policy - not defense, so many people mistake those for the same. I feel that because of globalization our world economies are becoming flat, and that because of our inability to adapt to this - we are steadily falling behind in education, scientific discoveries, etc. I want a candidate that will embrace the other nations, and keep us on top by becoming better stronger changing - rather than remaining the same and looking backwards at what theoretically used to work.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 9:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I totally agree. I never understood before either, this is my first time. I feel like I have done my research and made an informed decision. I think this election is so very important because its the first one after 8 yrs of Bush, and this President will have to clean up and fix a lot of what he did. He will have to uplift the people and bring positive change. There will be a lot on his plate and it will not be easy, I don't envy them for what they have to do but I feel Obama is up for the job! :)
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 9:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• FiveofaKind ~ Getting to argue on CM does have it's benefits. LOL
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This election is very important to me because of the economy. My husband and I are both employed and still have our home; but times have been very tough for us of late. In our community, there are hundred of foreclosed houses for sale. I hate driving by and seeing the overgrown lawns and empty home. I feel like our country is stretched beyone it's limit and we need to start cleaning up.
    Labyrinth31

Answer by Labyrinth31 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It is important to me because I have a child now. He deserves better than this.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Its not important to me. I don't care for either candidate. I just want our economy to run ok.
    keeshac85

Answer by keeshac85 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This election is important to me because I have 2 young children. I want them to grow up in a better place than this. Where other countries respect the United States again, where the economy is good, where the environment is clean and healthy. I want my kids to be able to have "the american dream" one day. And something needs to be done to fix this awful road we are going down and to make America the great place it used to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008