I am having a hard time totally understanding the meaning of these ... In simple terms please

Ephesians 4:17-32,
Ephesians 5:4-14,
Matthew 5:43-48

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Eph: 4;(17--32 ) This is my interpretation of these ... It means to have the response and respect for yourself as a follower by learning and asking for the Holy Spirit to renew you. When we are renewed we usually try not to walk again the choices that we are giving into if/ when I apply the prayer, works, of my prayer, and the faith to live in the path God is so kindly gracing me into. It's his gift . We are entitled to ask him for this gift and when we fall he lets us get renewed so that I (you) are not overcome with the worlds' ways.

Eph 5: ( 4 - 14 ) It means when we try or when we aren't aware of our own ways being pulled into habits we lay into with no thought, we are convinced that by God's work through our changed attitude to always think of the right ways that He applied and when He said this it's bringing the right things to mind, to straighten our paths. We are always going to fall, we are not always going t
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The first is saying to be a better person. Don't do all of the bad stuff that they have listed.

The second is saying something very similar. It is talking about needing to "walk in the light." Or in other words doing the right things for the right reasons and getting yourself away from the bad (or dark) things of the world.

The third is saying that it is easy to love someone who loves you back, but you should also love people who do not show you love. The whole "kill em with kindness" theory. The "be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" refers to having a love for everyone. It isn't easy, but definitely worth it.

That's my take on them any way. Hope this helps.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Eph 5: 16 this means we are supposed to be awake to these days now, right when even now is present because they are evil. When we are aware of the sins that pull our hearts in, we also should be taking a note on how we are resenting the things it's pulled us into. We are (I) am supposed to be thankful that my God and creator is also my savior, one that I have taken for granted not that I am doing it mostly but that the evil pull of what the devil is capable of , that is the "times"" we are living in . Not to be ashamed of the sin, but to come back to God to truly let Him have control and then when Christ loves me, first, I also again not realizing can be unashamed of this love, not just ignoring His love. It's very serious and He truly did say these for all of our own good.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Matthew 5: 43-48 This is `why our perfect Father sees that we aren't like him. we are to go as sheep would be led, to be told this love for our enemies isn't what WE WANT or do. But what HE WANTS us to do. WE can't do this alone, but with daily literally doing out of love , it becomes more part of us,

(the other answerer said it well, to kill 'em with kindness, very well put. ) We don't do it naturally. It's practical practice.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• have you tried reading a more modern translation or paraphrase? I can hardly understand the King James Bible and I got my Master's Degree in studying the Bible! haha... The Message is a paraphrase of the scriptures in modern language that's easy to understand. I don't recommend it as your only Bible, but its a good way to get a better idea of what a verse is conveying when the words start to get mixed up

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ephesians%205:4-14&version=MSG
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ephesians%204:%2017-32&version=MSG
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%205:43-48&version=MSG
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Ephesians 4:17-32
    Eph. 4:17–18 Paul affirms most solemnly in the Lord that his Gentile readers, as part of the new creation, should no longer live as the Gentiles do (vv. 22–24; Col. 3:9–10). futility of their minds … darkened. Both in antiquity and today, people who reject the knowledge of God think of themselves as “enlightened” (cf. Heb. 10:32). Their ignorance here is not lack of general education; some are brilliant in their own way, but such brilliance is all wasted and futile in the end when combined with hardness of heart toward the truth of the gospel in Christ (cf. Matt. 13:14–15; John 12:40; Acts 28:26–27; Rom. 11:8).
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• BACK TOMORROW FOR THE REST
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010