My dd scratched her eye.

There is this tiny little red dot right next to her pupil. Not sure how she did this. The rest of her eye is not red and it doesnt seem to bug her. Curious if this wll heal on its own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would go to the doc it could become an ulcer and just for infection reasons it should be rinsed and the doc may want antibotics for it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I found that if she needs to be seen a good alternative is the Vision Center at Wal-Mart can get you in fast and are pretty cheap. Most times your regular doctor isn't as knowledgeable about optometry and will do unnecessary things, and cost more. Example: I was bit in the eye by a cat and went to UrgentCare (who turned me away b/c they didn't have proper equipment), and then a pricey ER visit (in which the doctor had me wear a hideous eye patch for two days, which turned out to be unnecessary and could have actually harmed my eye in this case). I went to Vision Center for like $30 and she helped me quite a bit. The eye can heal itself rather quickly and if she isn't showing distress over it you can probably rinse it and just monitor it tonight. My daughter had a red spot on hers yesterday and it is gone today. I think she just rubbed her eye a little rough. Good luck!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 6:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• you should take her to the docter the eye is a very sensitive place and if it got infected or hurt something and it don't show up until later it could cause alot of problems.
    Chrystal1984

Answer by Chrystal1984 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• since its her eye. to be on the safe side go to the dr and let them check it out.it may go away on its own but u rather know than guess.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010