tomorrow I start....any tips?

tomorrow I start potty training my little girl. she will be 1 in Sept. I know I am starting early, but I guess I'm just tried of diaper lol. her doctor gave us the okay, and I have been reading on potty training a 1 year old all month, but I would like to know if anyone has any "self learned" tips?
Wish me luck ^__^

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just dont force her! It may make her scared. Try putting her on every 15 mins, for at most 5 mins at a time. Make a big deal if she goes. GL. 1 is young but your her momma!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't use a snack, but maybe something along the lines of stickers. I just don't like the idea of rewarding kids with food.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 6:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I was reading that I should reward her to encourage her, what kind of snack do you recommend to reward her with?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I rewarded my dd with stickers, they are her fav. Maybe a small cookie, or something like that. nothing tooo big
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I prefer to reward my kids with praise first. Acting excited and saying things like "Wow!", "Alright!", "Way to go!", Good Job!", "High Five!", etc. work very well. If they need extra incentive I move on to stickers. I'm not a big fan of using snacks as rewards.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I actually heard that children do not posess the abilty to know when they have to go potty until there between the age of 2 and 3. It's actually a physical development that she probebly doen't have yet.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• excuse me..I am NOT FORCING MY DD!! My mother potty trained me at 11 months and my sister potty trained all 3 of her kids at 1 years old. it just shows how much people are up to being different. I personally would like it so I can put her in preschool earlier, and give her a heads start. I don't know if you know but you CAN'T put a child in preschool in diapers people like your close minded self just bug me
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree with using stickers instead of candy or food as a reward
    also, there are some cute books for little kids that talk about using the potty
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I use stickers for #1 and freezees for #2. I normally don't reward with food, but trying to get my son to go #2 on the potty is like pulling teeth
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 6:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i really cant imagine potty training a baby at 1 years old and i think its selfish that you want to try and force her to do something that shes not ready for because you are sick of changing her diapers. did you know before you got pregnant that you were going to have to change diapers?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010