what can i do for a cold sore its killing me i cant eat!

help please so i got a cold sore on the inside of my lip well not only that ut iw as eating and i accidently bite it ohh it was horrible i almost cried lol but yeah i cant eat anything because its hurts so much what can i do to go away or atleast so it wont hurt as much

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Health

• Melaleuca oil works great - apply it with a cotton swab directly to the sore - be sure you use a high-grade oil - some Melaleuca oil is mixed with other ingredients and of a lower quality - the oil should have a minimum content of 35%Terpinen 4-ol and a maximum of 10% Cineole. If you are interested I will be happy to provide info on the oil that my family and I use. To avoid canker sores in the future use a tooth polish and mouthwash that contains Melaleuca oil - this helps to reduce the bacterial count in the mouth - hope you feel better soon.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• rinse with salt water and it should help...i get those alot...
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• There is a new medicine out made for cold sores and sores from braces. It is in the toothbrush/dental section. It can be used on the entire mouth or just one spot. I just read about it in Redbook mag.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 6:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Abreva works wonders for cold sores.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• There is a prescription you can get that coats the sore. Put it on at night and the sore heals up mostly within a couple of days. It will be worth it to end that pain
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Are they blisters or a crater? You can buy stuff called Canka and it puts a seal over the lesion so you can eat.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• whats a canker sore?
    Alejandra10

Comment by Alejandra10 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• im not sure i though it was a cold sore but now i think i have the wrong thing to what a cold sore is lol i got it because i was eating sun flower seeds and with the salt it started feelign wierd adn then after a while it started hurting an dthen i had it thats the only one
    Alejandra10

Comment by Alejandra10 (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• oh ok so i googled it and yes its a canker sore
    Alejandra10

Comment by Alejandra10 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010