craving question

befor i was pregnant i could drink milk just fine i loved to drink milk to tell you the truth and at the begining of my pregnancy for about a month that's all i wanted to drink but i didn't know i was pregnant yet but it really hurt my stomach well after i relsised i am pregnant i didn't want nothing to do with milk intill about 4days ago i just keep cravin choclate milk and milk but about 5-10mins after i drink it, it makes my stomach hurt really bad but i still crave it could my baby be lactoseintolerent how ever you spell it or what's up with my stomach hurting after drinkin milk i my family cooks with it and for the most part ya i'm just fine it's just really really bad when i drink it ..has this happened to any of you and should i not pay attion to the craving cause of the pain????

katelynnsmommy2

Asked by katelynnsmommy2 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well I had the exact same thing happen to me with my son; it's like it turns you lactose intolerant.... I couldn't tell you if it goes away or not, as I still get the super bad gas pains. I did find that if I bought the TG lee milk it wasn't as bad; but it still hurts. My son is not lactose intolerant though; I think it's just your body changing with the pregnancy. I am a HUGE milk drinker, so it is really hard for me...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Lactose is a gas producer....and since pregnancy already causes gas...you get it double and it hurts like hell. Try the chocolate silk soy milk...I made the switch to soy during pregnancy and haven't gone back.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i am lactose intollerant when i am not pregnant, I love drinking milk!!! so when i am prego i drink as much as i can....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• haha you know before i got pregnant i hated milk, but now i just cant ge enough of it thats like all i drink.
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have a four year old and after having her milk has given me gas. Now that I am prego again milk makes it hard to sleep at night when I dont drink it at night I sleep fine and wake up with less body aches.
    JEWELISA

Answer by JEWELISA at 1:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008