I don't feel bad, but feel like I should

My hubby snatched my purse out of my hand. I have naturally long nails so my nail ended up being bent passed the nail bed and my nail bed started to bleed. I instantly back handed him, like an instinct, it was so quick, and made his mouth bleed.

After I realized I did that I kind of felt bad, but then I just felt like, "thats what he gets for snatching stuff out of my hand." Now I'm still pissed because my nail bed is bruised

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• LMAO!!! That's awesome!!! I'd probably, definatly do the same thing. But I'd probably be in the same situation, I'd still feel a little bad. Though I'd be pissed, too. Your finger is gonna hurt for longer then his mouth will.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• two wrongs don't make a right
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'd be livid if my husband did that. I wouldn't feel bad for slapping him either.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I did that a few months ago.... He flicked a booger on me and I smacked him and made him bleed. He didn't talk to me for like two days. I felt super bad.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 7:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am with you. He had no right to snatch your purse. A woman's purse is sacred and is off limits to anyone even her husband.

While I don't condone "hitting" him, it was a natural instinct. I would appologize for hitting him, but I would also make a point that my personal belongings are just that MINE, and that he needs to ASK PERMISSION before just rummaging through my things. I mean, you wouldn't snatch his wallet and search it..right?
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 7:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• punching

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• way to goYou Go Girl!

DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• granted without knowing the situation, its hard to say. Was it a playful snatch, was it aggressive? Ya know? I'd feel bad if he was playing around and out of instinct, hurt him cuz I got hurt, but if he was being a jerk, then ok. See? Just depends
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• What was his intent?

What manner was he "snatching" your purse?

Why was he doing it?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Once when my eight year old was about fifteen months he bit me. It was not just any bite, I was sitting on the couch and he came up to me and laid his head on my lap. He looked so cute. Next thing I know his face is buried in my lap and he was biting into my thigh and I was slapping him across the room. I had this horrible feeling that I had done something terrible but at the same time it was a natural reaction. When something causes you pain you try to either stop it or get it away. I held him for hours but I knew that it was not on purpose and so should you. Aside from that my son never ever bit me again. Maybe he will learn his lesson. My husband dose not try to yank things from me cause he knows that I will knock him lol. But that is another story :)
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010