Do you think "Teen Mom" on MTV is real or scripted? Do they get paid?

Do you think Teen Mom is real or fake? Do you think producers or crew should step in before something bad happens, like a baby falling off the bed, domestic violence or even the latest car sales scam?

Also, do you think they get paid for the show? I'm just wondering how these kids with no money afford iphones, fake nails, etc...

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 7:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• i dont think the show is scripted, but i do believe they are getting some kinda of monies for appearing on the show..bc if u remember the first 1 and pregnant show did have one more girl that is not on the teen mom i believe it is there choice to be on the show...i def would not be on the show bc it is too much in your business just like any other reality show
    skyes_mom07

Answer by skyes_mom07 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i believe teen mom is real. techincally they are workinqq and qeting pay checks and of course they are not gonna show you everything but they are recieving stuff from their parents.
    Lovehurts1

Answer by Lovehurts1 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i dont think they get paid ,,, and with them steppin in really its going to be .. because their trying to show how it is for the teen moms . i have watch that show from day one...
    dsgg229mama

Answer by dsgg229mama at 7:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well, I was curious if they got paid once the "season" was over or something. I just find it interesting that one girl applies for housing assistance, yet has money to get her fake nails done and has a fancy phone that she is always texting with.

I agree that the crew isn't allowed to step in because it should be a real as possible and just document how the moms and relationships work. My husband can't believe that someone could watch a baby fall off the bed and not do anything about it - so we were debating about it.
    thundernlight

Comment by thundernlight (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would believe it is a seasonal contract. So they get paid by signing a contract for that season and then their contracts are negotiated with each season. They are keeping it very quite on how much they get paid though.... I guess because they don't want girls thinking they can become rich by having a baby and getting on the show.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am sure they get paid, just like any other reality show. I would hope they would step in but they don't. It is really wise to step in when half the girls can't even properly strap their child into carseats.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think it's a little of both. They get paid, but probably not much. MTV is notorious for not paying well.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It is real, not sure if they get paid.

One of the girls on the show went to the same hs as my nieces (the one with the boyfriend that had a job in DE..think his name is Matt)

She dropped out of hs .....he goes back & forth between playing Daddy and denying the kid is his

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Don't watch so I don't know but I'd bet it's real
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes, it's real and Yes, they get paid.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010