Rub castrol oil on your stomach to induce labor?

Does this really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Probably not.....no matter what you do you will not go into labor until your body is ready.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no its if you drink it. It can sometimes cause really bad contractions or jump start your labor
    Lovehurts1

Answer by Lovehurts1 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't know about that, but I know some ladies that have used Cumin(its a spice) tea.
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Your suppose to drink it not rub it.

Not it didnt work for me, a small glass of red wine worked for me.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 7:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• The old wives remedy is to drink castor oil. Not a good thing to do. you're better off waiting until your ready.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No, you ingest castor oil, which gives you diarrhea which can induce labor... sort of like eating spicy food. If you have sex and your s/o "finishes"... there is a hormone in his sperm (progesterone) which, when it comes in contact with your cervix, can help bring labor on as well.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It can also cause the baby to have a bowel movement in utero. Really not a good idea. That can lead to all sorts of problems. Better off just waiting til the baby is ready. No one is pregnant forever.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• They say that if you drink it it will induce but I have heard that it can cause the baby to have a bowel movement
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 11:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010