c-section

I had my 27 week appoinment Monday & my dr told me that baby girl Hailey is not in a right position and that if she doesnt move I might have c-section.

haileysmommy11

Asked by haileysmommy11 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you have plenty of time.... the baby can still move up to 38 weeks. i would tell the ob to stop worrying you over nothing.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She can still change position, dont worry so much. Good luck!
    beaniesmommy04

Answer by beaniesmommy04 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Dont worry about it until you have too. The added stress is bad for baby...

On that note I had a c-s. it wasn't so bad. I got through it pretty okay.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Im a little freaked out cus I DONT want a c-section I want her to be born natural.
    haileysmommy11

Comment by haileysmommy11 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If you are still pregnant then baby can move. Even IN labor, pre & early labor contractions are helpful to get baby into a preferable vertex position.

You might want to hire a Normal Birth Specialist (midwife) rather than a surgeon (OB).
    I hope that you're not being led into Scare-Tactic territory.

Your baby can move (and probably will) a dozen or two times before labor.

(If you use a better care provider, a cesarean will be saved for an emergency.)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You are only 27 weeks for goodness sakes. My son was breech until the day before I had him and I delivered at just under 39 weeks so I know they can move even after 38 weeks as someone else posted. Just ignore the OB and maybe try to find a new one because this one seems a little quick to jump to c-section. If you want a natural birth I would recommend a midwife instead of an OB. Have you told the OB that you want a natural birth? If so how did they react? I had a wonderful midwife deliver my first child with no meds, all natural, all she did was catch him and it was great. My second was an OB due to insurance. While I managed a second natural birth she certainly did not make it easy for me to do that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about that right now. I was scared into one while I was in labor. You dont' want that either. If you want a natural birth then make sure that your dr is aware of that decision. I wish you luck and congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• o dont stress yet..my son was transverse at 28 wks, breech at 32,back to transverse at 34 and at 36 wks he was head down..but i ended up with a emerg. csect. due to his heart rate..if you do have to have a csect.. its alot easier and a better exp when its planned. gl but the baby can def turn
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Try to play some music down low in your belly. Might help baby get interested in moving his/her head in that direction. My friend's baby was feet down for a while and she ended up in a fine position by time to deliver.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2010