when to take a pregnancy test?

Hello moms,

I'm breastfeeding my one year old about 4 times within 24 hours and have not gotten my period back yet (no complaints t here!). However, we're trying for number 2. About two weeks ago, I felt like I was ovulating...had all the symptoms, including a lot of cervical fluids. Now, it could have just been my body readjusting hormone levels since I cut back on nursing, or I truly could have been ovulating. We had sex on August 7th and then again on the 14th. I doubt I got pregnant but ya never know. Should I wait until mid September to take a pregnancy test? Thanks...

onefootforward

Asked by onefootforward at 7:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think I'd probably take a test the first week in September. Good luck! Baby dust!
    KenzieRoosMom

Answer by KenzieRoosMom at 7:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Safest? Is 14 days after the last time you had unprotected sex. it can take up to 3 days for fertilization 6 days for implantation and then a couple extra to build the HCG to get a good positive on a test. GL
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would say 1st week in Sept.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i would say maybe the first week of september and well if thats negative maybe do one like mid september or so i think the one on mid september would surely tell you.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i agree with the others here
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010