How Do I Tell?

I`m 16 will be 17 in Feb 2011. but just resently found out i was pregnant and i haven`t told my mom yet i`ve only told 5people but how do i tell my mom? My friend said something to me about it infront of my mom and she said you better not be i`ll kick you @** so how should i tell her?

baby_mama012

Asked by baby_mama012 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just sit down and tell her...i was 16 and had to tell my guardian and i just sat down with my boyfriend and we both told her..if you need to tlak or whatever message me..
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Just sit her down and tell her, explore all your options. Youre going to need your parents since youre not 18. She might be upset at first. Tell her you need her opinion. Do you want to keep the baby?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You sit her down and explain to her that you made a mistake and that you need her support (not approval but support). You tell her that you're sorry and that you never meant for this to happen but since it did you now have to deal with it. If you're old enough to have sex then you're old enough to be mature enough not to argue with her but to listen to her. She will probably be dissapointed but most likely she will support you.

Good luck :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Feel free to message me too if you want to talk in private, I know lots of things are rolling in your mind. I got pregnant when I was 16
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She's going to find out one way or another and it's best if she hears it from you than someone else. Just let her know that you need to talk to her and tell her. It'll be scary but it's best to get it done and out of the way.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't think it will be an easy task. However, there some decisions you and her will have to make and you don't have a lot of time to do it in regarding going through with the pregnancy or not. Hopefully she will be supportive in whatever you choose to do after she gets over the initial shock.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think that though she'll probably be scared and angry at first, she'll appreciate your honesty and maturity in telling her. You will need your parent's guidance through this. The good thing is that there are so many resources for you to get help from! Good luck with everything!
    abifasc

Answer by abifasc at 7:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• you just have to tell her - no way to smooth that one over!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am sure that your Mom will probably be upset and angry at first but if she is any kind of Mom then she will come around and be supportive of you. I hope that you will tell your Mom and that you will keep this new life that God has given you. There are a lot of resources that you can get help from.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010