toddlers blood sugar

My son is almost three, my husband has type 2 diabeetes,and mt mother has type 1. My son is so used to seeing themm take there blood sugar so he was begging to take his, so I did it was 196. I have a appointment tommorrow. Should I be worried??? He did have some juice about and hour before that???? He hasnt lost weight, he doesnt drink to much I dont think.. Is that way to high or can it be from the juice??????????

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 7:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm sure it's from the juice. Does he seem normal to you? If you think he appears sick, then call the dr., but otherwise, I would blame it on the juice.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 7:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would definitely be mentioning it to the doctor as it could be a sign he is starting the stages of type 1. With it only being slightly elevated I doubt it is, but I would definitely tell the doc and maybe check him throughout the day for a couple days for my peacec of mind.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Your blood sugar should never and I mean never go above 110 even after eating or drinking. That is not slightly elevated it is extremely elevated. I would absolutely talk to the Dr and make sure that your child is tested while he is fasting. Nothing to eat or drink for more than 8 hours unless it is water. I wish you luck and I hope that he doesn't have what you are suspecting that he have.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Do a fasting one and see what that is.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010