Anyone else have baby with cord over his face?

I was at the OB today and both the regular ultrasound and the 4D showed that the umbilical cord is draped across the baby's mouth. In a way it freaks me out a little, but I'm guessing it's nothing to be worried about...

Both his hands are down playing with his feet. :-)

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My middle son had it wrapped twice around his neck. I just had to stop pushing for them to get it off, he was fine!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Babies move, cords move, Nature/God designed things this way~ not a problem.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My son had his wrapped three times around his neck as he was born. It was scary and my midwife told me that when I started pushing and his heart rate dropped and DIDN'T return to where it had been after the first couple pushes she knew and if she didn't think I could have him out in less then 30 minutes she would have been suggesting a c-section. Needless to say it was about 02 minutes and he was out and I had no idea about any of this until AFTER the birth. His apgar was 9 immediately after birth so no worries and he is now 5 years old and no issues at all.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It is normal, they sometimes chew on it from what I understand. Atleast that is what my friend told me when I saw her ultrasound pictures with Jazleens cord by her mouth!
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• all my kids had theirs wrapped around the neck. the doctor shockes my hubby because of how fast he had the cord off. my youngest made it look like she was a boy all the times we did the ultrasound. the little snot. lol i really wanted a boy, but i'm just gratfull to have healthy kids.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010