Has anyone taken diet pills while nursing? Have you noticed a difference in your baby?

The only thing that stuck out in this over the counter diet pill that Im thinking about taking is that it has caffeine in it but that was the worst I guess you could say. They say not to take them while nursing cause your supposed to eat more because you burn more callories but for someone like me who is way overweight I dont need to worry about something like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BAD bad idea. Try a good healthy diet and exercise.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You're kidding right??? You should NOT be taking any kind of diet pills when you're pregnant or nursing!!!! If you doubt me, talk to your OB about it, I'm sure they will agree, if they don't then I would see a new Dr.... If you're over weight then cut down on the crap, and eat healthy, if not for you, do it for your baby...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• please don't take diet pills while nursing. It will affect baby and your milk. Diet pills dont really work anyway. While you may loose some weight it will only come back once you stop the pills. Lifestyle change is really the only way to loose weight and keep it off. Now is not the time for diet pills.
    norahsmommy

Answer by norahsmommy at 7:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I hope you are not serious. If you are, please stop taking them. Most, if not all OTC diet pills won't do any good in the long run anyway. What little results they may help you with are not worth the risk of them being absorbed into your breast milk.

I understand the struggle to lose weight, trust me, I do. There are safer ways to do it!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Heck no!!! Do NOT take diet pills! You'll be passing that garbage on to your baby. Nursing is the best way to loose weight anyway. And if you need to loose more, then just eat healthy and exercise. But please for the sake of your baby ... don't take diet pills.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• That would not be worth the risk to your baby. Put down the pill bottle and step away!
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 7:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If you wouldn't give the pills to your baby, don't take them while nursing. If you don't agree with us, please call your OB or your baby's pedi
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 9:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Even if you are morbidly obese you can't take diet pills while breast feeding. If you aren't losing weight while BF you are probably eating too much or you are eating crap. I eat about 2,500 calories a day and I'm still losing weight while BF, but I also go for a walk as close to every day as possible. Theres no magic pill to make you lose eight, if you look at the side of the box it'll say to take them while eating a healthy diet and exercising, you'd lose weight doing that without a pill. And it's not about them burning too many of your calories off, it's because the diuretics that they put in those pills get into your breast milk and can seriously effect the baby.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Don't do it!!! Just eat healthy and the weight will come off. Breastfeeding burns plenty of calories
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 11:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010