What is your favorite girlfriends getaway vacation memory? Mine was my first trip to New York City with my BFF: http://twurl.cc/5o0

I'd love to hear about girlfriend getaways that still bring a smile to your face, whether it was a special girls' night out downtown or an exotic trip to the Caribbean.

Thanks!
http://twurl.cc/5o0

JobSearchCoach

Asked by JobSearchCoach at 9:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Travel

• For my bachelorette party all of my bridesmaids and myself went and had a weekend in Chicago... it was SO much fun!!! Oh the memories!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• When I was 16 my adoptive mom literally treated me like her maid and nothing else. So when I was 16 My GF and I snuk out and road tripped it to St.Lois when we got there we had no idea what to do so we turned around and came back. It was a great birthday.
    Charma7

Answer by Charma7 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• When we were in our late teens, we would go to the Jersey Shore (Wildwood) for a vacation each summer...we obsessed about boys, Sun-In and tans. Those were the good old days.

Years later, we all met again at the Jersey Shore (Long Beach Island) with our husbands and kids...some of us still use Sun-In and maybe secretly look at the guys...such fun!
    1funkymomma

Answer by 1funkymomma at 3:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have a bunch. One friend and I were escorted off Alcatraz by 6 guards. Sometimes we get a limo and ride around town. When we stop we'll get out of the car and sign autographs. We are all in our 40's and 50's now and have more fun now than we ever did.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• At TravelingMamas.com we love getting together for girlfriend getaways. My favorite so far is our trip to Maui, Hawaii. We explored the island, drank lots of wine, and danced at a luau. We even had a photographer capture some of our favorite moments on the beach so that we we all returned to our homes and families, we could reminesce about a fun time with the girls.

We have an entire category dedicated to girlfriend getaways that cater just to moms.

CajunMama2

Answer by CajunMama2 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2008