Have any good ideas for Christmas Gifts?

I want to make some homemade gifts this chirstmas, but all I can think of is crocheting scarves, and I did that last year. What handmade christmas gifts ideas do you have.

xpandyourmind

Asked by xpandyourmind at 7:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• None sorry I am vain and shallow and have never made gifts.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Orniments, one for everyone
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You could make your own personalized ornaments with the person's name and memories of the past year or something, or make a T-shirt/Sweatshirt with a private joke on it or something from those sites online, or you could go to one of those pottery painting places and paint a mug/plate or something. I've used all these things and people love them!
    abifasc

Answer by abifasc at 7:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It depends on who they are for. Ages and sex is important.

One of the best home made gift we ever received was a terrarium. They went out and collected lidded glass jars and filled them with a few rocks, some dirt and a few different plants that they grew from cuttings.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have not done it this year but in the past I have made personalized Christmas ornaments by using cross stitch. I made sure to signify a major occurance for that person for that year...birth, marriage, engagement, graduation.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 7:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I sew, and this year I'm making quilted calendar holders that are personalized, and quilted potholders, embroidered dishtowels, some cute "cuffs" for the teenage girls, babyleggies for the babies, I've also made ornaments in the past, I always make pajamas for my kids (who are adults, but one year I didn't make them, and they got upset!) And of course, dozens and dozens of cookies and treats that I give away.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i made dreamcatchers for my family. my mom makes babydoll and barbie clothes. i've got the kids making pictures out of stickers and crayons. they love that, they also make jewlery for their little friends. i just got six new craft books that i haven't really looked at yet. but now my oldest wants to make candles. i hope this helps, if i find anything good in the books, i'll let you know. hope this helps
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• one yr i got coco, marshmallows in a bag in a mug. or just purchase items and arrange them in the bag or basket yourself.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Go through your kid's closets and storage boxes and get all of the clothes that are too small for them. Then buy some cheap dollar by the yard fabric at Walmart and make quilts for them. As for other family. You can make homemade bath products. (Youtube.come for how to videos, craft stores for supplies) You can make baked goods. You can do personalized picture frames. You can make gift baskets.. Get ideas from gift basket companies and then make your own.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Baked or candy goodies I think are always welcome.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010