i'm having a really hard time cutting out on sugar. have high no cholesterol, not a diabetic, did decrease on butter,salt i keep craving sweets more any suggestions?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sugar free gum. This helps with my cravings for sweets.

Answer by countryspun at 7:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• healthy sweets. Yogurts, fruits, freeze bananas the blend them up and it tastes just like banana soft serve. Don't do artificial sweetners because it won't satisfy you and you'll end up binging. create goals like no sweets for breakfast for 3 days and then reward yourself with a warm relaxing bath and keep making your goals until you're off. Always reward yourself with something else you like. You can have a phone buddy who you can call when you want a sweet. Call as soon as you are craving a sweet and talk until the craving goes away. Don't have anything sweet in your home or at work. Keep lots of veggies cut up so you can have something to munch on during a craving. Make it a point to always eat a carrot or celery before you cave and eat a sweet. *hugs* YOU CAN DO IT!! Not a doubt in my mind.

Answer by Cassarah at 7:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Fruit
    Stevia for sweetening

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Try some artificial sweetners. There is almost everything that you could possibly want that have artificials rather than regular sugar.

Answer by Melbornj at 11:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I could use a sweet detoxification myself. I just can't resist the cravings. A phone buddy would be nice. I could use one :)

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Fresh fruit!!

Answer by KTMOM at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010