poop question.

My 14-month-old hasn't pooped in 4 days and he usually did it every day. She's not sick and her food hasn't changed..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• call her doctor
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think after 4 days I would call the doctor and get there opinion.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I'd call her doctor.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yeah definitely call the doctor. You can stick to your same food routine, but that does not mean constipation won't happen. I believe the child may need a little boost.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• that's not good.they should go 2x a day.call the triage nurse and see what you can give her till you get an appt. in the meantime look up home cures to loose it cause she's gonna be sick.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• A lot of things can lead to constipation. It could be something as simple as not enough fluids. I agree that a call to the doc is warranted, especially since this is so out of her norm (and with poop, much like anything else, there is not just 1 kind of normal). Until then, limit dairy and other constipating foods such as crackers, bananas, etc.. And encourage fluids and fruits. Good Luck.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 10:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You don't have to poop 2x a day mekarevell, that's silly.. some people's "normal" is pooping once a day or every few days. For my child who is constipated I push the juice.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• you may want to bring her in. What if she swallowed something and it is blocking her BM?
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Definetly call the doctor
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010