How do you get spit balls off of the ceiling?

So my son decided to spit spit balls out of paper on my ceiling. He's grounded if you wondered. Now how the heck do I get them off? I can't scrap them. It's a wooden ceiling. Not plaster board or what ever that stuff is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yeah- I agree, you SHOULD NOT be the one doing it. Send him up there on a ladder with a damp rag. Hot damp rag- just set it on them at let them soak back up... then pick them off.

I've had many a middle schooler doing the same darn thing. Not a fun job and a very fitting punishment. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You get your son to use a wet rag and scrub them off.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no, a damp rag should be fine. it won't hurt wood (you're not going to be soaking the wood)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Set your iron to steam and hold it by the spitballs. The steam should loosen them up.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Take a wash cloth and rewet them and then take a spoon and flick it off.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Oh, he will be getting them off him self. I just didn't want to sound like a hard ass for making him do that. lol!
    I don't have an iron either. A wet rag wont harm the wood? It's an open wooden beem ceiling. I don't know if they are sealed or not.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Get a free standing ladder, and send your son up there to take them off!!!

Seriously!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wish I could say the spit balls around here were from my kids, because then I could blame it on youth. But it's usually my hubby who starts the spit ball fights. Ugh, at least they've all learned to keep them far away from me and to clean up after themselves.

I agree with the damp cloth method.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010