what would you do if you found out your enstranged 19 yr old daughter was living on the streets?

ckap4707

Asked by ckap4707 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would do everything to help her. Fight her and the world to help her get it together. Give my all, my time, my love, my money, my home, my job. Everything. If you do not and she dies it will be on you forever. You do not get a second chance with death.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• what if she wants nothing to do with you...no matter how hard you fight!
    ckap4707

Comment by ckap4707 (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i would try to help her, but if she refuses or doesn't want anything to do with me i guess i would have to accept that bc she is an adult. i would tell her that she can come home whenever she wants though. that would be heartbreaking
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If she has made her choice - you can't do anything. I lived on the streets, I believed then, and believe now it was better than going home. It didn't kill me, in fact, it made me stronger!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Here's the thing...I don't even know how to breathe anymore...........it's killing ME!!!
    ckap4707

Comment by ckap4707 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree with tootoo. But my question is what happened for the situation to get like this? What happened at home that she rather live on the street?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You have to recognize this as her choice & let her learn from her adventures. Let her know you love her & want to help her & then leave it @ that.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i would ask her to come home...but then she may feel she has no other choice but to be on the streets if her home life was hard. I felt that way once. Thats how i ended up in the position i was in. I disobeyed my grandparents and was sent to live with my dad and stepmom..they were so nasty and abusive so i ran away and felt i had nowhere to turn..i was only 17 and this 40 yr old man let me live with him as a roommate..i found an ad in the paper. I'm very ashamed of this..and deep down i know its not my fault but he took advantage of me..my body. As soon as i turned 18 i went to the strip club to get out and get away. i paid for a hotel room every night the first few weeks until i met someone who was kind enough to let me stay with them until i could save some money for my own apartment.
    Try not to be so hard on them during the teen yrs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She left me to live with her dad, after a suicide attempt when she was 13!!!! She choose to live with her dad and step mom. It killed me then..it was suppose to be for two weeks.....she never came back to me. I tried to maintain a relationship for years, her dad sabotaged it! She then had trouble at their house...the story goes on and on......She quit high school and ran at age 18....I wanted to believe she was with friends or at least safe...I found out today she is living in the streets..I went to find her...she won't talk to me....she ran!! I am privileged with a lot of money....she knows I am here for her, she knows how to reach me.......she doesn't want any of it..not money, help, love, a cool house ( it's soooo hot out!) I am soooo sad!
    ckap4707

Comment by ckap4707 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Her home here was NOT abusive, not controlling it was a very privileged life!! I have two others kids that are successful, happy, educated, etc I also have three step kids...we have all reached out to her. We are all so close, it's very hard to understand her.
    ckap4707

Comment by ckap4707 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010