Just wondering...

What state are you from? Is the cost of living there high? Is there jobs in your area?

HisLove18

Asked by HisLove18 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm in VA. The jobs.... not so much, unless you're looking to be a coal miner, work at a gas station, Wal Mart or fast food. The coal mining jobs are for the lucky few who know people and know where to go and when. The cost of living is pretty low, I think. Apartments and trailers usually cost between $150 (if it's a trailer and you're paying other things separate from rent, like a lot rent and utilities) and $500. Utilities for me are between $100-190 a month. It's not too bad. It's hard living off of minimum wage, though, which is what most people do. I think that's one reason why PA bashing bugs me so bad, because so many people around here, even with two people working, NEED PA of some kind just to survive with no luxuries at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• OH, cost of living isn't that bad, not a job to be found except part time fast food work. Welcome to the Rust Belt.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am from kentucky, the cost of living isnt that bad and there are actually quite a bit of jobs up here.
    HisLove18

Comment by HisLove18 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• WI,no,its reasonable,not really,maybe like Walmart and fastfood,nothing where you'd actually make a decent wage.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We live in the county of Los Angeles in soCal. The cost of living is sky high here. I was laid off from my job at the end of 2008. Thank goodness my husband has kept his job so we are just making it work with his salary. We did move though from a really expensive area to a different city about an hour north. He has to commute but the house prices are a lot lower so it's worth it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Utah
    The cost of living is decent
    No there is no jobs here, it sucks....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Louisiana, not really, no idea.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Arizona, cost of living to us is kinda high but I've seen higher. There are pretty much no jobs here my husband has been looking for work since November 2008, yeah it sucks.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Fayetteville, NC, great here, we have an Army base here that keep the economy strong. Plenty of jobs, cost of living is average to low
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We live in Ohio. Cost of living is average, depending on what part you move to. Cleveland is pretty inexpensive however, the suburbs of Cleveland can be pricey.
    As far as jobs go..not so good right now. Not at all.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010