when you do the laundry, do you have to put away your hubby's clothes too?

my kids aren't tall enough to reach the bar in their closet so of course i have to put their clothes away, but it really irritates me that i have to put my husband's clothes away too. is he just super spoiled or does anyone's husband act like that too? o and btw if you're going to say 'make him put his own clothes away!' well, i tried that. his clothes just sat out in the piles and he never bothered to put them away. he was actually just taking the clothes from there instead of from his closet. so he was being even more lazy lol. and plus i had to look at his pile of clothes until he dirtied them all up again. that did not work lol

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My hubby is exactly the same way. I've piled them on his dresser (for weeks at a time) and he just picks them off and wears the same ones over and over and over. After awhile I get sick of looking at it and then I put them away. I'm a SAHM too and I don't think it's my job to do it. He also leaves his dirty dishes in the living room, on the table or counter, he leaves his dirty clothes beside the hamper......yes beside it.......how hard is it to throw it in the hamper instead of on the floor??? I tell him repeatedly that I'm not a maid and he says "I know, I never thought you were" but yet I'm still cleaning up after him. He's worse than my kids!! I've even found his dirty tissues (gross I know) laying around the house! He's such a pig!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i don't HAVE to, but i do. i'm going 'that way' anyhoo, so why not? would i only clean half of the toilet? or only wash my dishes?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Have to?? No!! But I choose to and I've been choosing to for almost 46 years. Why does it irritate you to do something that takes at most 5 minutes to do for the man you promised to love, honor and cherish for the rest of your life? I just don't get that. I love being able to do things for my husband. It brings me great joy, and it has never occurred to me to complain about doing them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't have to, but since I'm a SAHM and he works 40-60 hour weeks, I do. :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I put everything away when I do laundry... If he does laundry, he puts it all away... That's a part of the job, I'm not going to do half a job just because it's not my stuff...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Of course I do,its my job. My husband works hard so I have the privilage of being a SAHM,its the least I can do for him.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I put them away because I hate to see them sit out-he couldn't care less if his clothes sit out so I just do it. No big deal to me. I look at it this way-when he cuts the grass-he doesn't have me come out there and bag-when he shovels snow-he doesn't leave all the shovels and stuff out for me to put away- we just kind of naturally do things for each other and it just works.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• When we dated, our dates were more like job interviews :-) so we talked about who was going to do what in the family, and since we agreed I would stay home and he would work, we also agreed the house work fell under my job description :)
    The fact that we talked everything over, pretty much in detail, has saved us ALOT of arguements !

So yes; I put his clothes away, and thats the way it should be - in our home anyway - although I think he could be a bit more precise when he throws them in the hamper after wearing them....
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes I put his clothes away for him.. But I am a SAHM..
    But.. there are plenty of times he is feeling sweet or wants to help out & puts my clothes up for me..
    Really its not a big deal. We share a closet so its no biggie really..
    And i know id have to deal with clothes in a basket if i didnt hang them regularly..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I put away his hanging clothes, But his other things I fold and set on his dresser for him to put away.

Answer by Bmat at 8:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010