A good neighbor?

I live next door to a 65 yo woman. She has always gone out of her way to chit-chat with my DH & I. However, she is not someone who ANYone enjoys: I've lived next door to her for 7 yrs. & the only family I've ever seen were folks from out of the country who made her a pit stop on a visit to see (& stay with) other family members. She will offer her opinion on everything or offend you. The kicker: she lusts after my husband. Though it's completely understandable (since he is ALL that & a bag of chips!), she decided to tell him just that. 3 years ago, I first overheard her say (when we were walking away from her table at another neighbor's anniversary dinner): "He could put his shoes under my bed any time." Now she's telling him this very statement to his face when I was out of town last week! In addition, she tells him how her niece (whose children attend the same school as ours) feels the same way! Confront or no?

jonosmama

Asked by jonosmama at 8:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OP here: I don't mean to get nasty or threaten her. I am just tired of always letting her slick-talk slide. And, since I went home last week, I'm feeling REAL feisty: you can take the girl out the hood, but not the hood out of the girl! LOL! I just want an excuse to say something real slick just once!
    jonosmama

Comment by jonosmama (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• LOL She is 65! How old are you and your husband? If it were me, I would say something. Maybe next time she traps you into a conversation, tell her to keep her dirty little thoughts to herself, and your husband will never speak to her again because she is nasty. HAHAHA Sorry but it is a little funny....
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We're both 41 (but look to be in our early 30's as we've been told.) Trust me, we have weekly laughs over his admirer. I have picked fun at my husband over this for the past 3 years: I remind him to watch the windows because she may peek in (not really because she can't move well), that he'll always have a place to stay that's close by, etc. I'm just like, damn, where are your boundaries, cow?
    jonosmama

Comment by jonosmama (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Meh, I would just profusely make out with your husband in front of her a lot.
    She can covet all she wants, he's yours.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I meant to say that "If I was you" not that I personally would make out with your husband. Lol!
    I am not that kind of girl! Hahahaha!!!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Look, if there is no thread (spelled wrong....) of him acctually thinking it over, I'll say Let it go! But that's just IMO.
    I DO think your DH should say something next time she mentions it to him - why is he not asking her to quit it? It is his place to let people know where he stands.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• LOL....Well....an ol lady has the hots for your hubby, hahaha...thats cute.
    She's probably lonely.Invite her over for dinner and watch your hubby squirm while she probably tries to play footsies with him under the table, LOL.
    I think if you were to say something to her..it would only fuel the fire and she'd probably try even harder. Sounds like she's the type that would think you were jealous and felt like she was actually a threat to your relationship...even though we all know she's not,lol. She'll feel proud of herself and probably start get bolder. So I would just let it alone and continue to have laughs about it.
    Unless..one day you come home to find a pair of dentures on your nightstand....LMBO!!!!!!!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• confront
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010