Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you tell if you have a tubal pregnancy?

This is after the tubes have been tied, do the hormones hgc or whatever they're called show up in your urine? can you take a pregnancy test?

Answer Question

Asked by mandaface at 8:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 3 (25 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Yes, you can take a pregnancy test and if you are pregnant it should show positive. If the levels are high enough to be picked up by the test that is... As far as pregnancy after a tubal. You might experience great pain in your side, bleeding may happen etc.. Best thing if you think you are pregnant, take a test and go see the Dr. asap. You do not want the tube to rupture..

    Answer by midnightmoma at 8:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Usually it's the pain you feel and of course you can take a test. Tubes tied or not if you get pg you will have raised levels of HGC

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Oh and an ultrasound will tell the Dr the embryo has implanted in the tube instead of the uterus..

    Answer by midnightmoma at 8:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Thank ladies I wonder about this myself

    Answer by mamaofficer at 8:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Ok I ask because my friend has her tubes tied and has had excessive bleeding this month + some preg symptoms. having no cash she got a preg test from another friend but it didn't have the instructions so she can't tell if it's neg or pos. She doesn't have the internet either, so I'm trying to figure this out for her.

    Comment by mandaface (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • Can you get a picture of the test to post? Someone here probably has seen the tests, and can tell if it is positive. Also, if she is pregnant, she needs to be seen by a dr. right away.

    Answer by mzfam99 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

  • I googled it and I'm sure the test was negative, she says she does have stabbing pains in her side though. I've advised her to go to the hospital.

    Comment by mandaface (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.