Chef World Inc?

Received a call about an hour ago from some woman who claims to work for a company called Chef World. She claims she got my name from a wedding website I subscribed to. The woman told me I won a 3day/2night trip to a place of my choosing off of this long list. Also an 1000 grocery card. Supposedly all me and my fiance have to do is attend a 90min seminar about fine dinnerware and complete a survey. I have looked online and got mixed reviews and thought i'd better come ask my cafemoms. Anyone ever heard of it? Have you been? Would you go? And just for fun do you think I can sue davids bridal for selling my information even though when I signed up the terms of use said they would not?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i never heard of it, and my hubby's almost a chef, so we have shit coming in our mailboxes left and right. as for sueing, i would talk to a lawyer.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Don't do it!! It's all a SCAM!!! It will be a 90-minute SALES PITCH on whatever junk they are selling! Granted, they will give you the trip, in the end, but they will make you feel like a heel for not buying anything!

I went with my SIL to one when she was getting married, but it was for cookware. She "won" a 3 day/2night cruise to the Bahama's (she would have had to pay airfare, taxes, and transfer fees)....in JULY, and her other "parting gifts" was a stack of random coupons VALUED at $500 (not worth)! Obviously she never cashed in her winnings, and she didn't buy anything.

Remember...if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Its real. Only thing is they are really hard sell. Hubby and I went to one in Branson once. Sat through their speel and told them No thanks. Took forever to get of there. Of course we had tocollect get to Branson to the meeting. Just an 8 hr drive.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010