40 weeks pregnant. Did I just lose my mucus plug or bloody show? Or maybe just from doctor's exam today?

I went to the bathroom and wiped and had some clear discharge with a twinge of pinkish color to it. What could this be out of all three options? What does this mean for labor? I am getting excited but in the back of my mind am thinking it could be from doctor doing a cervical exam today :(. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• id say youre having that baby soon
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It sounds like mucus plug!! Which doesn't mean labor is imminent, by the way. I lost mine 3+ weeks prior to being induced with DS; also was 4 cm dialated and 90% effaced 5 weeks prior to being induced. I was induced at 42 weeks with both my kids. Neither of those little buggers wanted to come out!!
    Don't worry, baby will be here soon, I promise you won't be pregnant forever!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• sounds like the mucus plug to me.

a lot of times, the dr visit can dislodge it

doesn't mean a whole lot for labor though, unfortunately. The closest to birth I ever lost my mucus plug was a whole week before birth. others were 3 weeks and then 3 months before my last was born
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Well..wether it was from the exam today or not..being at 40 weeks..youre going to have the baby soon,lol.
    It very well could have been from the exam..but just having an internal exam can trigger labor if the body is ready.
    Try to relax and wait for another symptom. Congrats and good luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/mucusplug.html
    Congrats!!!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Could be all of the above :) Good luck!
    mama02040608

Answer by mama02040608 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It sounds like your mucas plug. It shouldn't be a long time now Mama! Congrats!!!!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• if it was a little stringy, I would get your hospital bag ready. Congratulations!!! call dr/go in if you feel contractions starting (mine started about 30 minutes after I lost the plug).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It was the bloody show I guess b/c I had my baby girl the during the next morning!
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 7:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2010