Forgot to give me daughter he 2nd dose of antibiotic tonight for her ear infection..should I wake her up?

I've been giving her one dose in the morning and one with dinner but I forgot's her 4th day on it...would you go wake her up to give it to her or skip it? This is her first ear infection...

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you think she'd go right back to sleep, I would..but if you dont think she will then I would just wait until the morning. I've forgotten doses for myself and for the kids before, it happens.

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't unless you know she will go right back to sleep

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Personally, if it was me...I would, but Im paranoid about stuff like that....they just say if you forget, don't double up, just give the next dose.

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would wake her.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You'll be okay, we all forget. Just remember to give it to her in the morning. Just let her sleep, but if she wakes up, then you may just go on and give it to her. Obviously she's doing okay for her to be asleep. Missing one dosage will be fine, I hope she feels better. I hate those nasty ear infections..

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You are such a terrible mom! (totally kidding lol) Personally, I would just wait until the morning.

Answer by jess_buckley at 9:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would wake her too, only b/c ear infections are tricky. She needs to stay on the same schedule with it. Since its an antibotic, it really needs to stay on a schedule. My dd, although she is a teen was treated recently for an ear infection. She didnt finish the medicine and the infection came back. So had to make another trip to the doctor for another perscription.

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thanks all - I just put a reminder alarm in my phone so I don't forget again! I think I'm going to let her sleep, but if she starts squirming at any point I will run up there and give it to her...she hasn't been fussy AT ALL since she started the meds so as long as I don't forget again and finish them I think she'll be okay...thanks for your help!

Comment by stepmom929 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010