Anyone know a way to raise money to help pay a friend's medical bills?

A friend of ours was in a bad motor bike accident and is now paralyzed from the waist down. He does have insurance but his coverage only pertains to $25,000 because of his type of accident. His bills are crossing over the $350,000 mark and his family needs help. Do you know of any way to help them raise money to help with these bills? Any suggestions are welcome.

maris6679

Asked by maris6679 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Health

• What about going to a local comedy club see if they will donate the tickets for the show and you could sell the tickets. Maybe a golf tournament? The other idea is see if you can coordinate where you get a whole bunch of people to stand on a busy intersection w/ signs and have like the firemen do w/ the boot and get cars that stop to throw some money in?

Okay i'm done.. LOL I hope one of these will work for you...
    debi
    debileepc

Answer by debileepc at 10:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• wow, I am sorry for your friend and for the bills.

first thought was that you might ask the hospital it they have a special program which can help to cut down the bill. I know that some hospitals in Europe have that- it's kind of a scholarship that they apply for those who can not afford such bills. I think they need to contact the hospital department and ask for that and apply. Also friend of mine who visited States a couple months ago, received a huge bill and she had to fill some papers so the hospital cut down the bill.

r_b

Answer by r_b at 10:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• the second thought about raising money- well that would be challenging as my impression is that people might be bombarded from requests to support different causes. So, you have to think well and how to invite them help. But you can start with his friends, your friends- a church if you attend one or he attends one. May be you can hold a charity event. just some ideas- I am sure there are people who would love to help.

the last think that comes to my mind as a believer is to pray about your friend and his family to see God's provision and his hand in taking care about them in this time of need.
    r_b

• I have seen people do ebay sites. People donated stuff, sorta like an online garage sell and what was sold, the money went to that person.

Gather a few people and do a car wash somewhere. Make your sign saying all proceeds go to.........

Make a raffle. Get something people would like and raffle it off. Again, tell people who buy the ticket where the proceeds go.

I have also used my business as a way to donate. I say anything bought between these dates, all proceeds go to.........

Hope some of these ideas help.

Blessings.

http://www.4yourfam.com     http://www.emf.jerkydirect.com  http://www.spread-the-faith.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Chinese auction
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yeah, you can get some bikers together do a bike rally, hold a benefit dinner in his name at the local church. you can have a car wash next summer, contact his favorite actor so see if the this could donate something to be auctionded off for him in a charity rally. there are all kinds of ways to raise money. heck come up with a bandana witha trademark just for him sell them for 3.00 a piece. bake sale, have a dinner a charge people 5.00 to come and watch the battle of the bands in his honor. you can do whatever you city counsil will allow you to do with permits. keep that in mind it takes planning, checking city zoning laws. whats allowed and not allowed. good luck.
    ladyvalarie

Answer by ladyvalarie at 10:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008