What to feed a picky 2 year old?

I have a 2 year old, and he is extremly picky about eating. He will be in love with a certain food for a couple days, and not want anything else, then after that, he wont touch it again. And doesnt eat anything else. He seems like he would rather not eat at all then eat what i have given him. I have tried a very wide variety of foods, and nothing ever seems to work. Any ideas?

Lilmansmama0509

Asked by Lilmansmama0509 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• God, I wish I could change places with the little fella... I like everything! My niece used to be like that too... Try everything you can. I even heard it's okay to go ahead and spice up their veges with butter, etc... just to get them to eat... Be creative. Try some sweet potatoes with marshmallows... A lot of finger foods... Good Luck
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my nephew use to be the same way. we were having either brocciali or aparagas for dinner and he wouldnt eat them, so we told them they were green trees and he ate them and loved them. Just come up with creative names for foods that will interest him. It worked with use. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I say dont worry about what he is eating right now, like you said today he will eat but the next day he will not eat that same thing, that is fine, also, I fine the ramen noddles works for everyone, with that you can add food too it, like hotdogs, veggies, and take the water out, how about fruit does he eat fruit, canalope is a great fuller it will keep the kids full for a little while how about cereal, and mix it up. I hope that helps, good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 8, 2008