downvotes

What's the weirdest thing you got downvoted for on here? A fellow cafemom PM'ed me about someone downvoting me for apparently liking a mom's choice of baby name,or possibly because I suggested a different spelling of it! Ok.......lol!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That I don't own a car and haven't owned one in over 20 years..

I actually had someone call me an "elitist" because I don't own a car. A person who owns a $40K plus vehicle, drives this air conditioned vehicle everywhere in the summer, drives this heated vehicle during the winter...ect... Called me a person who relies on their own 2 feet to get from point A to point B 95% (the other 5% being public transportation) no matter the weather.. An elitist for not owning a car... bwaahahahahahahaaaa
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• my answer about WIC. I guess someone has a thing against public assistance or something, but I was just offering valid advice on it from experience.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• LOL...LOOK ^ I got voted down!!! Whoo-Hoo!!!!!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• WTF! someone is juvenile and petty! at least you don't lose points for it though since you didn't answer anonymous.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• O I take that back then if it was an accident ;o)
    DarkFaery131

• I got downvoted for recommending a wart treatment that worked on my daughter. A crushed aspirin slurry duct taped over the wart works!! The main ingredient in Compound W is a salicylic acid which is...ASPIRIN!!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Wow, that sure is crazy. Wonder why that happened?

I vote down dangerous advice. And meanness. Not random, I'm mad at you stuff.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• never downvoted before, but i do feel that is petty, childish, and kinda dumb for downvoting you for that.. it's your ideas and thoughts, not theirs. they don't like it, don't name your kid that...
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• the times i have voted down something it was because it was either vicious rude or cruel.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 9:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Shit! Braden's mom, I'm so so sorry! Accidental down vote! My hand slipped on the over key and I didn't realize I did the thumb down. Sorry! I'll upvote another to make up for it!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010