Can I have you interpretation of what I said to someone...

I have had alot of thoughts in my head and not sure but I think I may have made some family members angry....I said " Religion is different for everyone, just because someone goes to chruch doesn't make them any better or any worse than someone that doesn't and prefers to pray at home and that I also believe that if you want to go to church or pray at home you should practice it all the time and not just on Sundays" Now my family members started e mailing me all the scriptures from the bible and telling me I need to read them for insite. Was I wrong on how I feel?
Ephesians 4:17-32,
Ephesians 5:4-14
Matthew 5:43-48

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• no your not! there is nothing that peaves me more than a "sunday christian" or whatever religion. so many people get drunk and use drugs and beat their spouses everyday and then go to church on sunday because they think they will be saved.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No. My hubby believes in God but doesn't go to church. He feels that he should believe everyday of the week, not just sundays.. He also feels that no one should tell him that its wrong because he chooses not to worship in a certain place, with one persons certain ideas.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No, you were not. Everyone has their own opinion and you were merely just stating yours.
    dirtyswifey10

Answer by dirtyswifey10 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• that is kind of messed up i like what you said.. older people are weird though. eee
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No one likes it when a mirror is put to up them. Sounds like you touched a nerve and they have to defend themselves. BTW Sunday Christians are the worst. You hit the nail on the head. Wow I'm tired and need to go to bed. I'm starting the caveman talk.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No honey you are not wrong at all. I personally believe that so many churches are messed up nowadays and that a lot of people are better off praying, worshiping, etc. at home. And I agree that if you're a Christian (or anything else for that matter), it should not be on one day of the week, it should be who you are daily. I don't think you did anything wrong.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• you might have made them mad, but judging by the verses they sent you, you did good! i read the passages they sent you & honestly, they need to read them more than you do. or they agree with you. often times its hard for people to hear that they are wrong especially if they feel religiously superior to you.

the verses in Ephesians speak about truth & what you said IS truth! these people should be practicing their faith ALL the time, not just on Sundays. they're the ones in darkness & they're the ones whose hearts have been hardened if they cant see the truth in your words.

the Matthew verse sounds like someone thought you were judging or not loving those who only live their faith one day a week. which i find humorous since what you said didnt come off that way at all.

ask them why the sent you the verses & maybe they can clarify w/ their own interpretation. they'd know their reasoning better than we do.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with what you said
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 11:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You said nothing wrong.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I also don't find anything wrong in what you said. I try my best to be a good christian everyday of the week. It helps that we go to church! It also took me 17 almost 18 yrs to realize this(cause I found a good church). I would love to go to church every night of the week. Its just not possible :( I wish every christian felt the way I did :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010