Do any of you mamas use direct matches?

Last night I set up a profile and everything at DirectMatches.com and I started to explore. I sent a few messages to people and now it is saying that I have to upgrade to access my mailbox messages. Did any of you upgrade for the $9.95/month? Is it worth it? Has anyone upgraded and then tried to cancel? Did you have a hard time doing it? Any info about directmatches would be appreciated...thanks!!

sassyhettel

Asked by sassyhettel at 9:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Money & Work

• I use the free version... never got a single lead...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes... I used to do this... It is such a scam really.. Turns out on most of them, you can look but do nothing to respond to the other person unless you join. I don't know anything about you and I am not being rude, but please be careful with those dating sites.. It scares me to death to think that I used to meet people like that. Just do it in a public spot and if you have children, please do not bring the person home to meet the kids before you've known them a good while.....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't think she meant the dating site... she meant the business lead site...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:57 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thank you all! I did mean the business site. I would NEVER date someone if I can't meet them in person...too many sickos..lol! I am also married but thank you for the concern:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I signed up with it, checked it out while it was free. Didn't sign up or pay anything though. I like the free social networking sites, plus I make extra income already so I didn't need to add on with something like that. Besides, I just seemed to get slammed with a bunch of stuff.

Have a good one!!

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 12:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• After so long it will require you to upgrade to a pay level. I would have to disagree with Pup mom about it being a scam. You can make money with direct matches and get prospects for your main company. The issue is that alot of people think that just going and advertising it they will get rich. Well like anything else it takes more than that to make something work. Even while networking with people on the site, you can advertise your main business there and expect results. Everyone on this site has a business, technically they are not looking for another one. So what can you offer them of value to get their attention? Any suggestions, tool, techniques, etc that would help them build their business?
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 1:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008