Scared myself and am making it worse=o/ need something to take my mind off of it

Put both my kids to sleep started working on some things and watching Project Runway when I heard this noise that sounded like it could be someone coming in my basement...Now I am FREAKING out and My Husband works til midnight...AHHH!!!! All the lights are off down there but I can't get myself to move and every little sound is freaking me out more...I think I need to get a dog!

Has this happened to anyone else????

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 10:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• do you have a friend you could call? maybe you could go down together to check it out, or if you have a gun in the house....take it with you. if it sounded liek someone was coming in you might call and have the police come look. or you could go outside and see if any windows or anythinga re open,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree with the pp. Call someone to come look or call the police.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• One night I was alone and a tree branch was scratching on the roof. I swear it was so creepy! Turn on the t.v. or sing..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Happens to me all the time. Although I dont have a basement, so I always hear things out side & it doesn't help that the dogs will go to barking all hours of the night...

Normally I would call a friend or whatever that I knew would be up just to talk to so I can settle down... But after the break in (Or the trying of someone breaking in. They didnt know that I was home & that I had an inside dog too.) I now keep a gun.... the clip in one spot, the gun, with the safety on & locked in another close by. I also make sure my big dog is in the house with me any time I am alone.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My parents' house had a basement and I would get so nervous even approaching the basement door at night, even though I knew nothing was there. If you are really worried, you could have someone check it out. Hopefully it's just an animal or the house settling.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have had that happen!! Call someone that you can talk to and talk you through it. Keep them on the phone while you turn on all the lights down there and check it out.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i am gunna be an ass hole for saying this but I live in the basement and so i used to listen to stories if a basement was involved. one story that i will never forget was there was a kid who told her father that someone was in the basement. the father told the kid no its fine dont worry about it... went on for awhile - he ended up checking after sometime and it was a bum living in their basement. it did not end well. if you feel that someone is in your house do no be afraid to call the police.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• that's why i have a dog
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• yes it has i just put some light on and called my sister to make me feel better if u really think someone is out side call the cops
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Never, ever be afraid to call the police for a routine check, thats what they are there for..be careful and be safe.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2010