He still cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short, my bf of four years and I broke up about a week ago, and we both did some.. not great things, during the break up. We have a baby together and he is currently living away from home for work. He acts really hard and cold with me, like he doesn't care any more, even though he knows I want us to work things out. I know I hurt him during the break up.

Anyhow, over the last few days he has been saying things (subtly) that I've picked up on, and it makes me SO excited, because I know that even though I hurt him, he still really does care about it, and it is a HUGE deal, becaues I was really worried that I screwed things up way too much!

And I don't know who else to share it with, so, here we are cafefamily - HE STILL CARES!

Feel free to share your great stories with me tonight, I'm in high spirts and high hopes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• That is great!!!! Congrats!! Wish you the best in your relationship and life.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would wait until he spoke directly before getting too excited. I don't know this guy but I do know that some guys know how to play the game, and they do it really well. I don't know what you did that hurt him, but if that has not been discussed and apologies have not been made and all of it sorted out, he very well may be baiting you just so he can jerk the rug out from under you just like you have done to him. So, I would not take anything for granted. It sounds like you both have a lot of work to do before this can go very far. Just because he is saying things subtly doesn't really mean a whole lot, so just be very cautious.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You should read the book Confusing Love with Obsession. This is NOT a good thing. You two sound toxic and in an unhealthy relationship. You are manipulating him by your actions to try to make him care again. That's not a good thing. I'm not bashing. I just think you are happy for the wrong reasons. Good luck though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My marriage is in hot water right now so I can definitely feel for you. I hope everything works out for you two!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010