Are you the good cop or Bad Cop?

GRRRR. Sometimes I really hate being the bad cop. Normally my hubby & I try to stay on the same page when it comes to getting on to our child. But there are times, like tonight, where Im the bad guy because I wont go back on what our son said.

I took away all bedtime movies & taking toys to bed because he was up playing in the livingroom (8 feet away from me, but of course behind the hubby on the couch) & I seen him. SO He got into trouble. Not only because he was being sneaky by playing when it should have been in bed, but because then he lied to me about it.

& Of course the hubby didn't "see it" so it never happend..... I get to be the bad cop once again.

Do you guys go through (sp) too?

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 10:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• There should never be a good cop and a bad cop! There should be a united police force LOL.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• ooohhhh yes maam it seams like daily that I am on my son for something and Dad seems to think that its just "he's all boy" wht the freak does that mean? lol Anywho yes I am in the same boat WE set the rules of the house and when Ty breakes them I am always the bad guy for correcting him. If anyone has any solutions for this please give me some ideas too. I try to be consistent with the boundrys WE set but Dad always seems to come out the good guy. Wounder why that is?????????????Dr's say that we need put the rules and the punishment for breaking the rules in writing so WE did but for some reason Dad forgets that Ty can' have food or water up stairs or have toys or anything if he doesn't do follow the rules but guess what my, as I jokingly call him, spineless husband is always the one that is the good DAD an I' m the bad MOM for staying to what WE say r the rules
    Debrocks

Answer by Debrocks at 10:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I can be both. It depends on the situtation.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Bad cop
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 10:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It seems like I am always the bad cop. I am the one who is around the most so I am the one who has to make sure the rules are followed and if broken the punishment is followed through with. I do come up with the fun things to do but it seems like I am the one who my son takes everything out on since I am the one who is around. When his dad is around he is Mr. fun and games and does not like to hand out punishment.
    jojo3328

Answer by jojo3328 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• omg i think alot of guys are like that. my husband is a worker and when he comes home its like he is so tired and red from the heat he just takes a shower and goes to bed for like 3 hrs i am a stay at home mom so i am always the bad cop i guess thats just something we have to live with ..
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• im a single mom, so im both..lol..mostly i think im the good cop tho :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010