prmethazine (the anti nausea meds gives during pregnancy)

if i spelled that wrong... am tired. at first they made me tired... they worked great etc. but now i am getting used to them... has anyone else gotten used to them? they are starting to make my stomach turn at first - they still work like they should and i love them but yea... the first few minutes is kind of crappy.. anyone else deal with this?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 10:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i only took it right before bed, so I wouldn't throw up upon awakening the next morning! The stuff knocks you out. You can also take unisom (the blue tablets - talk to your OBGYN first of course). Zofran is what I ended up taking (I had hyperemesis with both my kids). It didn't take the nausea away completely but at least I wasn't throwing up so much that I had to miss work.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You may need to increase your dose. Talk to your dr.
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Phenergan was not right for me. It only worked because it knocked me out and I had another child to tend to. I tried Zofran and it didn't help the nausea, but it kept me from actually throwing up after being diagnosed with hyperemesis. The nausea lasted through the first 14-16 weeks though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I take phenergan (at night) with zofran (during the day),
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 1:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i am sadly 18 weeks. the nausea is letting up but not enough that i could work without vomiting.

oh no upping the dosage scares me. when this bottle runs out (within the next two weeks) i will ask where i go from there ... because i have to call my dr to get it refiled if he so chooses anyway.

i was taking the stuff before bed but then i got used to it so i started taking it for in the morning - this stuff doesnt carry into the morning for me :(
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2010