How young is too young to have a baby

Do you think that 14 is too young to have a baby, what about 18 with two kids? Just out of curiosity question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I've you're not able to support yourself and your child(ren), I think it's irresponsible to intentionally have kids. Teens tend to fit in that group.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think that high school is too young to have a baby...def 14 is too young. I was 23 when I had my son married and finishing my last class of college. It was so hard. My husband was wonderful the entire time. after I graduated He started school and I got pg with my daughter. Now having 2 young kids him working full time and going to school full time is tough. I feel bad for the girls that have baby;s so young just because I know how hard it was for me and It's gotta be harder for them being in high school and all
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• AT ANY AGE IF YOU CANNOT TAKE CARE OF THE CHILD PROPERLY JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ADULT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE MENTALLY READY. I WAS 30 YRS OLD WHEN I HAD MY DAUGHTER AND EVEN THOUGH HER FATHER AND I ARE STILL TOGETHER IT'S STILL HARD
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 10:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• too young. so much changes in a young woman's and man's life during the teen years and early 20s. it is not fair to have a baby that young. however, the body is able to support pregnancy and childbirth. If the kid thinks they can handle a baby or pregnancy, i think it is good of them to proceed with pregnancy and birth.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Personally, it is my belief that you should be married and financially stable and by that I don't mean paycheck-to-paycheck. Studies have shown teenager pregnancies are high risk to lots of things including low birthweight. Getting pregnant shouldn't be a burden, stress, or "accident" It should be a joy and a blessing.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree, I think if you are not able to support your self , and if you are not mentally metered then you should be raising a child, if that means you arent ready at 18, 25, 35, 45 + some people are just never ready mentaully
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree, if you aren't old enough or in a situation where you can support or care for a kid, you are too young. If you aren't old enough to be able to take yourself to the Dr you're too young. And I don't just mean able to drive there or get on the bus to go there - I mean are you old enough to have your own insurance or apply for State aide on your own, or do you, yourself, still fall under your parent's care? (And yes, I know there are some 20 somethings whose parents provide insurance while they're at college, but they are at least legally old enough to have their own policy.)

If you are, in short, too young to be able to provide for YOURSELF in a responsible, adult manner, you are too young to try to provide for a baby.

BTW - I was a young mom (early 20s), and I have a very good friend that was a teen mom who has done a great job - but she even says it was too young - and she was providing for herself @ the time.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Children should not be intentionally having babies.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think at whatever age you cannot support that child financially. Teens def should not be having kids!!!!!!!!!!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• well its funny because i was wondering, there was a question i made about a girl who was 22 and had 5 kids and her boyfriend worked two jobs{fast food jobs} i thought it was great he worked so much, but i didn't understand the decision to have so many so young with no money.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 11:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2010